What's new and interesting for your home.
1. Citta design table lamp, $229.
Lighting is a key factor when it comes to adding character to a home. Take time to build a collection of floor, desk and table lamps that will give your home a variety of ambient and task lighting.
2. FEELING OAR RIGHT - Hawke’s Bay artist Leanne Culy loves to mix traditional Maori colours of black, brown, red and white with the bright pacific colours. “Although my oars look purely decorative, they do tell a story, as a totem would, and for me show the impact of European settlers on the land. They often focus on the positive but with and underlying note of concern. I often focus on nostalgic images of New Zealand. I also add Maori images and manipulate them, as a symbol of togetherness. I will fill a Tiki with roses or wrap a Maori artefact in lace, for example.”
Homebase Collections, Leanne Culy 'Everything But' oar, $5650.
3. Father Rabbit large Nkuku chopping board, $119.90.
4. Trenzseater XO dining table, POA.
5. PERFECT TIMING - Brititish-born, Queenstown-based designer Ed Cruikshank’s bespoke creatitions range from simple functitional items to conceptual objects that blur the boundary between furniture and art. He designed this clock with his late father. “It is so easy to let time pass by in our busy lives and miss the opportunitities to create something really special with the people you love.” The pierced Braille in the rear door allows the ticking of the clock and the bell chime to be heard. The Braille reads: “How precious each tick – another beat of your heart”.
6. Citta Design tin, $15.90.
7. Bolt of Cloth - The Romantics fabric in Chartreuse, $29.95 per metre.
8. Bolt of Coth - Dayo fabric in Emerald, $29.99 per metre.
9. Bolt of Cloth - Outdoor Canvas in Echo Citron, $59.99 per metre.
If you can't get to the Bolt of Cloth store in Christchurch, let your fingers do the walking instead. Discover the bold and beautiful fabrics at its online store, where you'll find striking designs in vibrant colour and patterns.
10. Father Rabbit Nkuku bowl, $39.90 each.
11. Citta Design cushion cover, $49.90.
12. MintSix large black Juju hat, $650, small white Juju hat, $399.
13. WOOD WORKS - Waikato craftsman Scott Woolston of Remnant, creates beautiful furniture from recycled timber at his Hamilton workshop. This kitchen island, $2900, is one of his unique pieces.
14. Coombes & Gabbie Dokka pendants, $566 each.
15. EziBuy elephant cushion in jade, $34.99.
16. EziBuy elephant cushion in mocha, $34.99.
17. Blank Kanvas Concepts deer cushion (with feather inner), $79 each.
18. Citta Design Galaxie shower curtain with rings, $29.90.